Thursday, September 19, 2013

Harvest Hustle 5K - October 2012 - 23:55

Another local race sponsored by one of the Lutheran churches here in town.  It was their 2nd annual Harvest Hustle, they offered both a 5K and 10K and I believe a kid's run.  I decided to run the 5K since I hadn't ran a single 5K race in 2012.  

It was the end of October.  In Nebraska.  It was COLD.  The race starts and ends at the Lutheran High School, which is really nice, somewhere WARM to go to the bathroom, stretch, get your bib on, the whole 9 yards.  There was a nice turn-out of total runners despite the chilly temps.  I don't remember how cold it was, I'm thinking low 40's, but it was really windy.  Lovely.

This course is hilly.  Really hilly.  I was warned of this, but I didn't really care, I was up for the challenge.  I wore capris, and layered tops, and last layer was a sweatshirt.  I don't think I felt my legs the entire time.  They were completely numb.

I ended up first place female in the 5K!  23:55 again, not blazing, but it was a new 5K PR!  The only picture I have from this race was my lovely medal.  I dashed to my car after the race, and headed to the YMCA to continue my workout!