Thursday, September 19, 2013

YMCA Running Bunny 5K - April 2013 - 21:39

Second race of 2013, local, YMCA sponsored, fun.  Oh yeah, wait for it, it was cold.  It was spitting rain that morning as well, but otherwise pretty ideal running weather as there was little wind.

I layered a tank, long-sleeved UA shirt, and my Lincoln Marathon t-shirt.  I wore purple Nike tempo shorts with my black Pro Compression socks.


It was the standard out and back of Ta Ha.  I finished first place female and got a new PR of 21:39.


Here's the thing.  I don't like running 5Ks.  They hurt.  I would rather run more miles.  I don't see a 3 mile run as a workout, and end up at the Y for more.  Today, this was my workout, and I was spent!  I was happy that I pushed myself, but it was definitely the last 5K I had the desire to do for a while.

The BEST part about the race... getting to hang out with my dear friend Heidi!  She is a rockstar and got second place in her age group!  I love getting to hang out with her, especially at races!