Thursday, September 19, 2013

YMCA Turkey Trot 5K - November 2012 - 23:44

This race was a BLAST!  I was so excited I'd finally convinced Ben to RUN!  I pressured him into signing up with me and my co-worker/BFF Angela.  Her husband Eric was running with her, so I told Ben it was the manly thing to do.

The race started at 10AM at Ta Ha Zouka park.  It was sponsored by the YMCA.  The top male and female finishers win a turkey!  I did a 1.5 warm up run on my treadmill at home, and then we headed out.

Eric, Angela, Ben, and I before the race

The route is an out and back.  My goal was to run fast to stay warm.  I finished second place female (just missed that turkey!)


I was EXTREMELY proud of Ben for running his first 5K!  Without training of course.  He will be the first to tell you, it was a one and done deal.  He finished in 29 minutes!