(Note, I have come a long way just within these past few months being able to run without actual food beforehand. I don’t eat anything before I run unless I’m going further than 10 miles, then I’ll have a piece of bread or something)
I don’t think I will ever be able to run (or do any significant workout for that matter) without caffeine. Before discovering Advocare, I would drink Celsius. The cases aren’t cheap, and who wants to chug a whole can of anything right before they go run or workout… uh, not me. I was getting to the point where I was becoming wasteful. Open a can, take a swig or two, get going, rest ends up in the trash. Since the bulk of my running occurs in the 5 AM hour, there wasn’t much time for Celsius chugging.
June 2013, enter Advocare. My cousin Clint and his wife Hollie introduced me to the products, and helped me get started. I did my research on the products I felt would benefit me. Clint shared the link to an amazing blog Advocarerunner, and I spent hours stalking her posts and soaking in information. Her pre-run drill post inspired me to give it a try.
Before EVERY run, I have a scoop of Spark in 8 ounces of water.
For the full nutrition facts, check this out... Some of the benefits:
- The most nutritionally advanced energy drink on the market
- Sugar-free, long-lasting energy*
- Surprisingly fast-acting*
- Contains 21 vitamins, minerals and nutrients designed to synergistically provide a healthy, balanced source of energy*
- Just 45 calories per serving
- Sharpens mental focus*
Along with my Spark, I take three Catalyst.
- Helps maintain muscle mass during exercise & weight management*
- Aids in preserving muscle and energy levels during times of calorie restriction*
- Helps repair & protect muscle tissue*
- Works great in conjunction with AdvoCare Spark® Energy Drink and one of the Metabolic Nutrition Systems (MNS®)
I have a perfect amount of strength and energy within 15 minutes of taking the two products. I don’t mean shaking, bouncing off the wall, head spinning kind of energy. Spark won’t make you jittery or feel like you are on fire… I have a fairly high caffeine tolerance, so I don’t feel any exaggerated effects of any energy drink truthfully, but if you are caffeine sensitive, I’d recommend just taking a half scoop until you know how it will affect you.
Before every RACE or long run, I take my scoop of Spark with a scoop of Arginine Extreme.
- Provides and nourishes the precursors necessary for muscle growth and recovery*
- Provides excellent support for cardio workouts*
- Helps enhance strength and stamina, especially when used with AdvoCare® Muscle Fuel*
- Helps support nutrient delivery to muscles*
- Helps promote short-term increases in nitric oxide levels*
- Nourishes a healthy respiratory system*
- Helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system*
- Helps support healthy blood pressure levels already in the normal range*
- Helps enhance reproductive function*
- Aids in maintaining a healthy, efficient immune system*
I take a scoop of Arg every time I go lift weights as well. It comes in Citrus flavor only, but it mixes well with Spark. I’ve used it in Watermelon and Fruit Punch Spark. Along with my drink, I take two O2 Gold pills. This stuff is amazing!
- Helps facilitate the body’s use of oxygen*
- Helps restore vitality and liveliness*
- Helps the body adapt to stress*
- Increases oxygenation to cells*
- Helps increase and maintain energy levels*
- Supports muscle building and recovery*
- Provides antioxidant activity to counter the effects of free radicals*
- Supports the body’s immune system*
- Contains easily digestible whey protein
After really hot, long runs this summer, I would mix up some Rehydrate. I would add a few extra drops of flavor to my water, and sometimes an EmergenC packet. Made for a delicious, rehydrating, recovery drink.
- Helps the body stay hydrated during physical activity
- Provides a full spectrum of crucial electrolytes for improved electrolyte balance
- Includes amino acids to help feed your muscles
- Fuels your body with carbohydrates for energy production and sustained muscle endurance
- Contains antioxidants to fight free radicals commonly produced during exercise
- Helps prevent cramping during and after exercise
Will take these products immediately make you Kara Goucher? No.
You still have to train and work hard to get better, BUT I found these products HELPED me a ton! Check out my site for more info.
|MY Advocare set up!|
If you have questions about anything I take, let me know!