Monday, October 14, 2013

How Advocare helped my running

Blessed are those who can have a killer run with no fuel, no caffeine, nada. I’m not that chick. 

(Note, I have come a long way just within these past few months being able to run without actual food beforehand. I don’t eat anything before I run unless I’m going further than 10 miles, then I’ll have a piece of bread or something)
I don’t think I will ever be able to run (or do any significant workout for that matter) without caffeine. Before discovering Advocare, I would drink Celsius. The cases aren’t cheap, and who wants to chug a whole can of anything right before they go run or workout… uh, not me. I was getting to the point where I was becoming wasteful. Open a can, take a swig or two, get going, rest ends up in the trash. Since the bulk of my running occurs in the 5 AM hour, there wasn’t much time for Celsius chugging. 


Variety Packs

June 2013, enter Advocare. My cousin Clint and his wife Hollie introduced me to the products, and helped me get started. I did my research on the products I felt would benefit me. Clint shared the link to an amazing blog Advocarerunner, and I spent hours stalking her posts and soaking in information. Her pre-run drill post inspired me to give it a try. 
 
Before EVERY run, I have a scoop of Spark in 8 ounces of water.

My favorite flavor..Watermelon!


 For the full nutrition facts, check this out... Some of the benefits:

  • The most nutritionally advanced energy drink on the market
  • Sugar-free, long-lasting energy*
  • Surprisingly fast-acting*
  • Contains 21 vitamins, minerals and nutrients designed to synergistically provide a healthy, balanced source of energy*
  • Just 45 calories per serving
  • Sharpens mental focus*
And it tastes good!! I like the watermelon and fruit punch flavors best.

Along with my Spark, I take three Catalyst

CATALYST™
  • Helps maintain muscle mass during exercise & weight management*
  • Aids in preserving muscle and energy levels during times of calorie restriction*
  • Helps repair & protect muscle tissue*
  • Works great in conjunction with AdvoCare Spark® Energy Drink and one of the Metabolic Nutrition Systems (MNS®)

I have a perfect amount of strength and energy within 15 minutes of taking the two products. I don’t mean shaking, bouncing off the wall, head spinning kind of energy. Spark won’t make you jittery or feel like you are on fire… I have a fairly high caffeine tolerance, so I don’t feel any exaggerated effects of any energy drink truthfully, but if you are caffeine sensitive, I’d recommend just taking a half scoop until you know how it will affect you. 
  
Before every RACE or long run, I take my scoop of Spark with a scoop of Arginine Extreme.

 Arginine Extreme
  • Provides and nourishes the precursors necessary for muscle growth and recovery*
  • Provides excellent support for cardio workouts*
  • Helps enhance strength and stamina, especially when used with AdvoCare® Muscle Fuel*
  • Helps support nutrient delivery to muscles*
  • Helps promote short-term increases in nitric oxide levels*
  • Nourishes a healthy respiratory system*
  • Helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system*
  • Helps support healthy blood pressure levels already in the normal range*
  • Helps enhance reproductive function*
  • Aids in maintaining a healthy, efficient immune system*

I take a scoop of Arg every time I go lift weights as well. It comes in Citrus flavor only, but it mixes well with Spark. I’ve used it in Watermelon and Fruit Punch Spark. Along with my drink, I take two O2 Gold pills. This stuff is amazing! 

 O<sub>2</sub> GOLD™ Advanced
  • Helps facilitate the body’s use of oxygen*
  • Helps restore vitality and liveliness*
  • Helps the body adapt to stress*
  • Increases oxygenation to cells*
  • Helps increase and maintain energy levels*
  • Supports muscle building and recovery*
  • Provides antioxidant activity to counter the effects of free radicals*
  • Supports the body’s immune system*
  • Contains easily digestible whey protein

After really hot, long runs this summer, I would mix up some Rehydrate. I would add a few extra drops of flavor to my water, and sometimes an EmergenC packet. Made for a delicious, rehydrating, recovery drink. 

 Rehydrate
  • Helps the body stay hydrated during physical activity
  • Provides a full spectrum of crucial electrolytes for improved electrolyte balance
  • Includes amino acids to help feed your muscles
  • Fuels your body with carbohydrates for energy production and sustained muscle endurance
  • Contains antioxidants to fight free radicals commonly produced during exercise
  • Helps prevent cramping during and after exercise

Will take these products immediately make you Kara Goucher? No. 

 

You still have to train and work hard to get better, BUT I found these products HELPED me a ton! Check out my site for more info.

MY Advocare set up!

If you have questions about anything I take, let me know!