Sunday, November 24, 2013

How cold is too cold?

I've officially wussed out.  The temps have now dropped to the teens, and I just can't get myself outside.  I have a warm, happy treadmill planted in front of a TV with speakers and a fan beside me.  Makes it so easy to just hop on rather than bundle up.  I really like to sweat too.  Running is the only cardio workout that actually makes me drip almost instantly.  Spin class and the arc trainer will make me sweat after a while, but nothing like running.  That said, I definitely prefer cold or cooler weather running, as I'm sure most runners do.  But, I don't want to have a limb freeze off when I could have stayed inside in my sweatbox instead.

This picture is from a few weeks ago.  I layered with an Under Amour long sleeved shirt, a t-shirt, and then my Under Armour coat and stocking hat.  I have a thin pair of gloves, but I think my next purchase will be thicker gloves.

Bottoms were capris and compression socks.  I like wearing compression or fitted capris when it's cooler to help seal in body heat.  

This post is mainly to psych myself up for tomorrow.  25 degrees.  Is that too cold?  Guess I'll find out!