Friday, December 13, 2013

Injured… T25 Day 2



I have to have the most injury prone body on the planet.  I was definitely feeling the effects of my first T25 workout.  All of the jumping, squatting, and lateral movements did a number on my calves and hip.  For someone who can run long, run fairly fast for races, and lifts weights and core trains on a regular basis WHY does this happen?  UGH.

Well, last night I did Speed 1.0.  I wore my Pro Compression sleeves thinking that would be a benefit to my legs.  I made it through my T25 workout no problem.  Then I hit my tready for some easy miles.  My warm up mile was complete and it hit the speed button to increase for a while, and with the first step my calf muscle pulled.  I tried to just run it out for maybe a minute.  No such luck.  I hobbled off and immediately used The Stick and foam rolled.  I spent the rest of the night on the couch with some ice and compression sleeves on.

I’ve struggled with calf issues in the past.  I don’t think it’s a major strain, but it’s a nice, unhappy pull.  I’m really frustrated at the moment.  T25 day 3 calls for the Total Body Circuit.  I’m guessing the calf isn’t going to be ready to handle that tonight, so I might swap out and do Total Abs instead.