Saturday, December 28, 2013

Is this real life?!

It's the end of December in Nebraska and there is NO snow, and it was 65 degrees yesterday.  WHAT?!  Today is supposed to be in the 50s as well, and then tonight the wind chill will get to -20.  Go figure.  But I've been soaking up every minute of this perfect weather and getting outside!

The last full week in December and I finished with 35 miles.  Sure wouldn't have believed that if you would have told me that would happen.  I had been staying in the mid to sometimes low 20s lately just for a break and because I was confined to the treadmill.  So while 35 is by no means HIGH mileage, it is higher than I had been doing, and higher than I expected to do at the end of December.





I got a shiny new pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 17s for Christmas, and sadly, I've yet to try them out.  I'm a crazy germ freak and want to keep them clean for the treadmill until spring...


I'll do a full review on them once I have a few runs in.  I've been a loyal Wave Rider girl the last two years, and I'm a little nervous about these.  New models of a good thing always worry me a bit.  Like do I need to head to Amazon and buy them out of 16s and hoard them forever?  I hope not.