Sunday, January 26, 2014

Workout Recap 1/20 - 1/26

This week knocks out the 4th official week of marathon training.  It's hard to believe how fast the month of January is going.  I guess it's a good thing, means we are getting closer to spring!

I rounded out this training week with 37 miles, two Body Pump classes, two CXWORX classes, and a little cross training on the elliptical.  I am really focusing on making time for strength and core training, and I feel great so far.  Along with the Les Mills classes, I also try to throw in Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred at least a couple times a week.  In my mind, it counts as both strength and cross training due to her incorporation of strength and plyo moves.  I have a few Jillian DVDs, but 30 Day Shred is by far my favorite.  The workouts are quick, it's a 20 minute workout, and it's effective.  I have trouble committing 45-60 minutes to a workout DVD, unfortunately, I lose my concentration, and end up walking away and doing something else.  30 Day Shred is my cup of tea!

Monday - 7 miles (8:09 avg)  Made it outside to start off the week.  We had a late family Christmas on Sunday, and this run had PLENTY of fuel behind it, let's put it that way!  CXWORX at noon (30 minutes) and 30 Day Shred after work.


Tuesday - Body Pump Express (40 minutes) and some quality elliptical time watching Teen Mom 2!! 


Wednesday - 7 treadmill miles, my usual pyramid workout.  I can't find my treadmill picture to prove this happened... well, it did.  CXWORX (30 minutes)

Thursday - Strength training at lunch with some machine weights, focused mainly on legs.  6 miles with some lovely mile repeats.  Tough, but good.


Friday - Body Pump (60 minutes)

Saturday - 12 miles (8:26 avg) It was a bit windy, but still a great morning to get out for my long run.  I had some mental battles on this run.  Maybe because it was my first double digit run outside since November, but I really had to get my head back on track and remember "it's not that hard, suck it up!" 


Sunday - 4 recovery miles on the treadmill, while listening to the wind howl.... and 30 Day Shred Level 1 and 2.