Tuesday, March 25, 2014

SPIbelt Review

I wanted to give myself plenty time pre-marathon to test out race day gear. I’ve carried my Nathan hand held shot bottle in every half marathon but one, and that pouch held my Gu or Sport Beans for the race. I knew I’d need a little more space to carry things this race. After some internet research, I decided to order a SPIbelt

The price is right. $19.99 and free shipping. Heck yeah! 

Colors: You can pick the color combination of your choice. I chose a black case with a pink zipper. 


Click to Zoom
Size: I was shocked at all I could fit in that little pouch! I plan on only carrying my iPhone 5S in it during the actual race, but it could hold fuel and a key in addition to the phone. I won’t have a key since my mom will be driving me, and I’m still figuring out the fuel situation. I will carry what I can in my handheld, and I think I will pin a couple of gels on the inside of my shorts or capris. I’m doing this mainly for accessibility to everything. I want to be able to access my phone to change songs, text for mercy… ya know, those things. And I want to be able to grab a gel when I need it and not worry about dropping my precious iPhone on the ground. 

Comfort: It stays in place perfectly. I have to wear it down snug to my waist. I initially put it on a little too high, well it slid up quickly and was too lose. It’s adjustable, but the basic setting worked fine for me.  It's a standard size that fits 25 to 50 inch waist. I wear a 29” waist pant. 

THE ORIGINAL SMALL PERSONAL ITEM BELT ®
The SPIbelt™ will expand to hold any smart phone, keys, cash, credit cards, and even a passport. The SPIbelt™ is ideal for fitness, travel, medical needs, and so much more. The SPIbelt™ is sleek, secure, and does not bounce.
Product Features:
  • Will not bounce.
  • Expandable, secure, low-profile pocket.
  • Comfortable, soft elastic prevents chaffing.
  • Sturdy buckle and glides for even the most active users.
  • Pocket expands to 6" x 3" x 2"
Fits waist size 25" through 50".

Proudly made in Austin, Texas.
- See more at: http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt/the-original-spibelt#sthash.HmfJJg6G.dpuf
THE ORIGINAL SMALL PERSONAL ITEM BELT ®
The SPIbelt™ will expand to hold any smart phone, keys, cash, credit cards, and even a passport. The SPIbelt™ is ideal for fitness, travel, medical needs, and so much more. The SPIbelt™ is sleek, secure, and does not bounce.
Product Features:
  • Will not bounce.
  • Expandable, secure, low-profile pocket.
  • Comfortable, soft elastic prevents chaffing.
  • Sturdy buckle and glides for even the most active users.
  • Pocket expands to 6" x 3" x 2"
Fits waist size 25" through 50".

Proudly made in Austin, Texas.
- See more at: http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt/the-original-spibelt#sthash.HmfJJg6G.dpuf
THE ORIGINAL SMALL PERSONAL ITEM BELT ®
The SPIbelt™ will expand to hold any smart phone, keys, cash, credit cards, and even a passport. The SPIbelt™ is ideal for fitness, travel, medical needs, and so much more. The SPIbelt™ is sleek, secure, and does not bounce.
Product Features:
  • Will not bounce.
  • Expandable, secure, low-profile pocket.
  • Comfortable, soft elastic prevents chaffing.
  • Sturdy buckle and glides for even the most active users.
  • Pocket expands to 6" x 3" x 2"
Fits waist size 25" through 50".

Proudly made in Austin, Texas.
- See more at: http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt/the-original-spibelt#sthash.HmfJJg6G.dpuf
The SPIbelt™ will expand to hold any smart phone, keys, cash, credit cards, and even a passport. The SPIbelt™ is ideal for fitness, travel, medical needs, and so much more. The SPIbelt™ is sleek, secure, and does not bounce.
Product Features:
  • Will not bounce.
  • Expandable, secure, low-profile pocket.
  • Comfortable, soft elastic prevents chaffing.
  • Sturdy buckle and glides for even the most active users.
  • Pocket expands to 6" x 3" x 2"
Fits waist size 25" through 50".
- See more at: http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt/the-original-spibelt#sthash.HmfJJg6G.dpuf
I have never tried a Flipbelt or any of the others out there, so I don’t have a comparison, but for the price, I thought this was a pretty good deal.