Sunday, March 2, 2014

Workout Recap 2/24 - 3/2

Well March came in like a lion in Nebraska.  We had a lovely dump of snow yesterday, and some wicked cold.  I made it outside twice last week despite snow and cold, we'll see how this next week shapes up!

Monday - CXWORX 30 minutes and Body Pump 60 minutes.  I normally always run on Mondays.  I decided to mix things up a little this week and take my cross training day on Monday.

Tuesday - 6 miles, 7:47 avg.  I think I blacked this run out for a reason, it sucked.  I mean it was hard.



Wednesday - CXWORX 30 minutes and 8 miles outside.  SLOW and easy.  I seriously felt like I could have ran forever!! The sidewalks had some snow and ice on them in spots, so I slowed it way down and just enjoyed everything about this run.  I went out after work, but luckily it's staying light later into the evenings, and one more week until we get to spring our clocks forward!!



Thursday - Cross training 30 minutes on the elliptical and a few weights.  Kept this really easy.

Friday - Long run 17 miles.  It was 13 degrees when I started, so I was prepared to loop home after 10 and finish out on the treadmill, but it actually was perfect outside!  I had to loop back after 10 because I didn't carry any fuel because of the cold.  I grabbed a Gu and ate half and some Powerade and headed back out for the last 7.  It felt really tough at the end.  I think I tanked out so bad because of poor fueling.  



Saturday - 6 recovery miles on the treadmill.  It was -1 outside, and snowing... It is really hard for me to stay disciplined and run easy on the treadmill.  I want to just crank up the speed and get it done.  But I cooled my jets and ran easy.  



Sunday - 40 minutes elliptical and Body Pump 60 minutes.  I'm so glad I got two full BP classes in this week!! I always feel better when I strength train!