Sunday, March 16, 2014

Workout Recap 3/10 - 3/16

Maybe it was just me, but this week FLEW by!  I'm always a little draggy the week after the time changes, but I actually held it together this week!  We had some GORGEOUS spring days and WARM temps which sure helped a lot!

Monday - 6 miles (8:28 avg) back outside in the early morning!  It felt strange to be back out there early again, and only in a long sleeved t-shirt!  Definitely a good start to the day.  I had to help with a Career Day on campus at work, so I walked A LOT the rest of the day.  It was wonderful to get to be outside most of the day!  I was totally spent after my walking, so that was the extent of the workout for Monday.



Tuesday - Body Pump Express at noon and some boring cross-training after work.  I did 30 minutes on the arc trainer, and went to CXWORX.  That wasn't boring, just the arc trainer.  But I still sweat like crazy and got a killer workout.

Wednesday - 7 miles on the treadmill.  I didn't feel like going outside at all.  I needed to do a little bit of speed work to get ready for Saturday, so I kept it inside and pushed myself on the mill.  



Thursday - Weights at noon.  My kind of leg day consisted of squats, lunges, leg extension, and leg curl.  I headed outside after work to enjoy the incredible weather, and could really feel the effects of my lifting just a few hours before...ouch.  Anyway, 8 miles (8:25 avg) and it felt hard.  I really wanted to push pace, and was just struggling.  I ended up kicking it in gear towards the end of the run.  My legs were so sore Thursday night and Friday.  No pain, no gain right?



Friday - Rest day other than CXWORX at lunch.  I would have skipped class all together, but I needed to meet up with Sarah, who let me borrow her green Nike Tempos for the race on Saturday!

Saturday - 5 mile race in Wisner.  Recap coming shortly.  My unofficial time was 36:58 (7:25 avg)  My watch showed the course was just a little short.  It said 4.96 last year too, I checked.  But Heidi and I ran to warm up, and I jogged a few blocks to cool down, so I did hit the 5.



Sunday - 10 miles (8:34 avg).  It is nice to have a short long run for a change!  I wanted to make sure to take it easy after yesterday.  5 miles isn't a long run, but my legs weren't used to pushing pace like that.