Thursday, April 24, 2014

Marathon Countdown

9 DAYS!!!!!






This means the 10-day extended forecast for Brookings is available, and I'll probably be stalking it.  Right now it looks perfect, but lots can change.  I'm praying hard and crossing every finger and toe that the weather holds out!

Last night I started making my carb loading menu and planning snacks for next week.  I love carbs, so eating lots for 3 days will be awesome.

I went to my last Body Pump class before the race last night.  I hadn't been to a full class in awhile, and it kicked my butt.  I love the strength I've gained from getting back into pump on a semi-regular basis.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't think I'd get here.  I expected something to go wrong and have this race flop like Sioux Falls.  The reality has finally sank in, and I'm so excited.  I know it's going to hurt, and be a huge challenge, but I'm ready to face it head on.  I've been waiting since last September for the chance to step to that starting line, and I'm finally getting that chance.

I need some strategies to "KEEP CALM"!!