Sunday, April 13, 2014

Workout Recap 4/7 - 4/13

Week 14 of marathon training... yikes.  I am pretty honest with anyone that asks me how it's going.  I'm ready to be done for a while!  I'm ready for a break.  It's been hard to stay positive and focused these past couple weeks.  Honestly, something usually hurts every day.  It's usually not the same thing.  I've had the issues with my feet, some on-going Achilles tendinitis that shows up every once and a while, a shin splint here or there, and of course my lovely right hip.  Complaining aside, I'm learning how to cope and listen to my body.  My mileage hasn't been that high, and I've taken more rest than I used to back when I didn't really listen to my body.  I call these weeks SURVIVAL MODE!

Monday - I had the day off work and was recovering my legs from my 20 miler the day before.  I used the elliptical and lifted a few weights focusing on shoulders.   Nothing major.

Tuesday - Body Pump Express and 7 miles after work.  These miles felt amazing!  I felt strong and energized.  Once I got done, my feet had a different opinion.  I ended up with a pretty big blister on the bottom of my pinky toe from the 20, and it wasn't too happy after the 7.

The next couple of days, my feet looked like this... (LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK!)


Wednesday - Did not go as planned.  I woke up early to get my run in before work since I wouldn't be able to after, and well, one step out of my on my poor foot and I realized it wasn't going to happen.  Back to bed... my only activity was CXWORX at noon.

Thursday - My feet felt better after resting, so I made it out for 6 miles early Thursday morning.  I had a work conference the rest of the day and wasn't able to get out and enjoy the rest of the nice weather.

Friday - 4 miles, 20 minutes elliptical, and weights.  I was off at 2:00 when the conference ended, so I made my way outside to enjoy an easy run.  I also got a nice walk in with my mom.  The sunshine was amazing!

SHORTS!
TANK!
RUN! (this pic was taken today, when it's freezing and I'm wearing my fuzzy jacket...)
Saturday - 10 miles plus 3.1 in the Operation Steel Warrior 5K.

Sunday - REST!