Saturday, April 19, 2014

Workout Recap + Last Long Run!!!

We had another crazy weather week.... shocker.  Snow, wind, cold.  Mother Nature better get her poop in a group ASAP so everyone racing these next few weeks won't suffer!

Monday - CXWORX at noon and 8 miles after work.  That was my last mid-distance week day run.  All these lasts... I'm ok with that!




Tuesday - Cross training daaaaay.  Body Pump Express and some elliptical and arc trainer magic.

Wednesday - 5 miles on the treadmill and Jillian Michaels.  This was a toughy.  I wasn't thrilled about the idea of running on the treadmill, call me a paranoid FREAK.  Things tend to hurt after a treadmill run, and I can't handle that right now!  The run went ok, but it kicked my butt.  I posted earlier in the week about this work and my lack of speed training lately.  It showed.



Thursday - 6 miles.  My watch emergency really through this run for a loop.  No pun intended...  I stood in my driveway for a solid 10 minutes looking for the signal.  I gave up and quickly downloaded the Nike+ Running app on my phone.  It worked pretty slick.  I'm probably sounding like I'm from 1990 when I say I'd never used it before.  I have the Nike + on my iPod for treadmill runs, but I'd never used the GPS form outside.  I liked that it paused automatically when I was stuck waiting to cross the street.  I ran my normal 6 mile route, and the GPS was spot on.  I thought maybe it was telling me I was running a little fast.

Spoiler alert, my watch is fine.  I plugged it in and it had a software update.  It's linking up like a pro again!

Friday - REST.  Well, I went shopping, I think that's a workout in itself!

Saturday - 20 freakin' fantastic miles.  Last long run done!  To be perfectly honest, this was the first time I honestly felt like I CAN run a marathon.  Before this, I really wasn't too sure how I was going to survive those last 6 miles.  Now my focus is recovering from this run properly, and TAPERING!!!!!

I made this run the best dress rehearsal I could with fueling and gear.  I picked up a shirt and shorts to race in, hopefully the weather allows me to wear it!  I feel very relieved that this aspect of training is complete.  The biggest hurdle now is to keep my body feeling good these last two weeks.  I'm focusing on not eating so much crap (problem lately), getting plenty of sleep, and just thinking positive thoughts!

Tomorrow might involve some recovery miles, but otherwise it's all about Easter with the fam!  Have a great one!