Monday, April 7, 2014

Workout Recap...sort of

This past week was a long, blur.  A tragic family loss, not a lot of good sleep, and too many thoughts.  I think Luke Bryan's line in Drink a Beer was fitting.  "Sometimes the greater plan is kinda hard to understand, right now it don't make sense."

So on to the workouts or the lack there of this past week.

Monday - CXWORX and some cross training.  I did a 5K on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the arc trainer.



Tuesday - Body Pump Express and 6 miles outside after work.  I don't have many watch pics this week.  My pace wasn't great, my legs were heavy.

Wednesday - CXWORX and 7 miles.  

Thursday - 30 minutes of weights at lunch.

Friday - Rest

Saturday - 3 miles and some quick abs.

Sunday - 20 miles.  




FINALLY got this one done.  It's one of those things that just looms over your head during marathon training.  The big 2-0.  I've done one before, but there is always a bit of nervousness associated with 20 miles.  I took 2 Gus and drank Powerade Zero.  My handheld started leaking bad and made a huge mess with about 5 miles left.  I have extras, and this one was old, so I ended up throwing it away with my 5 miles left.  I don't know why those last 5 miles of a 20 are so hard.  I was hurting pretty bad, and my right hip has been iced and KT taped heavily ever since.  Let's hope I can recover strong this week and not end up with a hip repeat of last time...