Saturday, May 24, 2014

Running Lately

I wasn't sure what to expect out of my legs post-marathon.  I knew it probably wouldn't be pretty for a while...  It's been a difficult few weeks trying to stay patient and work through the really bad runs, and enjoy the handful of really good runs.


I set out for my second double digit post-marathon run this morning and didn't make it.  I stopped at 9 miles and I'm pretty sure I couldn't have even walked another mile.  It was definitely more humid out than last week, and warmer temps, but really it shouldn't have been THAT hard.

The knee deal, well it's getting better.  I've developed my first case of runner's knee post-marathon.  Probably because I did a few too many lunges and squats with weight too soon and my poor quads weren't quite up to it.  I took two complete rest days this week, and haven't done any squats or lunges since Monday.  I don't have pain WHEN I'm running, it usually stiffens after the run, or workout.  Nothing a little ice, rest, and KT Tape couldn't fix up though.  I'm really focusing on stretches and rolling it out like crazy.  I hate not being able to strength train my legs, that's probably my favorite thing to do!  I hope to ease back into it next week, as long as my knee feels OK.

Yeah, those two runs at my OLD pace, I don't know where they came from.  I was soooo happy to be rocking out 8 flats and a few sub-8s again.  It seemed like it's been forever since I saw those lovely numbers, and felt that strong.


Maybe some day I'll be fast again!