Another week down. Seriously, time seems to be going way too fast! I had another solid week, and hit a milestone as well. It was my first ever 40 mile week. I know this number is TINY to some runners, but I've really been taking the weekly mileage increase slow and steady. Truth is, if I didn't work 8-5 every day, I would probably have toyed with higher mileage a while ago. But I don't have all the time in the world, so I fit in the most quality miles possible. So far, so good!
Monday - 7 miles on the treadmill.
Warmup : 7.0, mile @ 7.6, 8.0, 8.1, 8.0, 7.7, and cool down mile.
Tuesday - Body Pump Express (40 minutes) and elliptical. I honestly don't remember much about this workout! I did the hill climb preset, and hit a few extra weights, and did 10 easy minutes on the spin bike.
Wednesday - Gorgeous morning to get outside early again! I kind of forgot what that felt like! I ran slow, relaxing miles, and it was very refreshing. CXWORX (30 minutes)
Thursday - Lifted weights for 30 minutes at lunch and headed home to the treadmill for 7 miles. I think this might have been one of my fastest 7 ever. Few seconds faster than Monday.
Friday - CXWORX (30 minutes) and rest the rest of the day!
Saturday - 15 miles, 8:30 average pace. Just all around awesomeness. I really struggled mentally on last weeks long run, but this week was much different. I felt much more relaxed from beginning to end, and ran a better pace as well. It was a gorgeous morning, so you really can't beat that!
Sunday - 5 miles, fun and easy. We have snow and cold back in the forecast, so this was my last nice day for a while. I did a few weights and abs at home after I came in from running.
No comments:
Post a Comment