My mom and I drove up on Friday night to pick up my packet and eat a pre-race meal of Pizza Hut! I find that hand-tossed supreme pizza is a good pre-race meal. I also indulged on the salad bar! Packet pick up was easy at the Ace Hardware store. They handed out shirts, race maps, and other information in a well organized fashion.
Race morning weather was PERFECT! It was absolutely ideal. I think every runner would agree. It was in the 50s, no wind, and the sun was shining. I got up and went through my pre-race ritual. At this point my standard breakfast was Peanut Butter Cheerios and a banana. I also had a Gu with me for right before the race.
![]() |
| My FAVORITE flavor! |
![]() |
| Drinking a Celsius for some energy! |
![]() |
| Taking off! |
![]() |
| Finish line! The 5K finished at the same place, hence the sad boy... |
The best part was finishing and seeing my good friends finish the 5K! Angela and Eric and their family ran, as well as Rachel and Sarah.
I decided to check the results on my phone while we were standing around, and to my SHOCK, I placed 2nd in my age group! I was 20th overall out of 144 total runners.
![]() |
| Runner's high! |









No comments:
Post a Comment