My weeks are Monday - Sunday. I was pretty sore from last Sunday's half marathon. I normally ALWAYS take a complete rest day the day after a race. This week, I decided to just go for it. Yeah, wasn't the smartest decision ever, but luckily by Wednesday all of my soreness had subsided.
Yeah I know it's only Saturday, but Sunday workouts are usually minimal. I'm thinking a walk and maybe a few minutes of weights. Nothing heart rate raising ;)
Monday - Spin class 45 minutes. Lots of stretching before and after. Kept this spin easy. I hadn't been to class in over 5 weeks! I typically take a spin class at least twice a week. Back when I started dealing with my hip issues, I took a break from all group fitness classes to focus on rehabbing and running.
Tuesday - 6 miles. Easy pace. Legs felt like lead. Shoulder workout on my lunch break.
Wednesday - 45 minutes elliptical. I follow the Hill Climb preset, finished with some additional resistance. 15 minutes abs/core.
Thursday - 6 miles. Easy pace. WINDY. Yikes. Lifted chest and back at lunch.
Friday - REST. Finally. Definitely was ready for this one.
Saturday - 12 miles. Abs and core. Windy again. The temps felt amazing. And I refueled with some delicious chocolate milk!
Sunday - Walk . Weights at the Y.
No comments:
Post a Comment