Lunch - 30 minutes "leg day" Nothing fancy here, my leg day isn't one that will make you cry or anything, just basic stuff:
3 x 12 Leg Extension
3 x 12 Leg Curl
3 x 12 Abductor
3 x 12 Adductor
2 minute wall sit
50 squats and some resistance tube stuff. Quick and efficient for a lunch hour!
Tuesday -Tempo Tuesday! I don't have to do mega long tempo runs since I don't have a race coming up, so this was just for tune up. Two warm up miles (8:14, 8:33) Three tempo miles (7:49, 7:44, 7:28) YAH for negative splits! and one cool down (8:37)
Lunch was 30 minutes of weights. Focused on shoulders. Did my standard moves, with a few variations, and increased my weight on lateral plate raises!
Wednesday - Cross training day. Lunch hour was 30 minutes CXWORX class. It felt REALLY good to get back to class. I hadn't been there since August! My hips and legs felt great, I didn't feel like I missed a beat. I was in such a great mood after, I remembered how much I love it! I used to go three times a week, I think I will ease back into it by going twice a week. I need to make sure to stretch before and after, since going right back to work to sit at my desk tends to tighten my hip.
After work I headed back to the Y for a quick cross training cardio session. 20 minutes elliptical, hill climb preset, and 30 minutes arc trainer. Yeah, that thing is no joke! It makes me sweat like crazy.
| The stats |
| I'm in love with these Under Armour shoes! Best outlet deal EVER! |
Friday - 10 miles. It was really windy already at 6AM, and I knew I needed to get this done in a somewhat timely fashion to go help Sarah decorate. So rather than fight the wind (and rain shower) I opted to do half on the treadmill, and half outside. I really don't like treadmill running, but it wasn't SO BAD. I didn't go super fast, but I did a progression run. Better to continually hit the UP arrow on the speed than have to shift back down part way through the run because you are dying.
I really wish I burned 741 calories! LOL First half done in 43:12. I was super sweaty and actually excited to get outside. I had never done this before, a split run... I took off outside and was so nauseous! I felt like I was still on the treadmill. It was so weird, it took me about a half a mile to get my grips on where I actually was! Weird. Anyway, I headed towards Skyview to do some hill work. Ick. So last half clocked in at 43:20.
Consistency is my middle name when it comes to pace ;)
Saturday - REST! Well, I think the wedding and the dancing counts as a workout, I was definitely exhausted after!
Sunday - EASY 3 miles and 6.25 mile bike ride. I do want to start attempting some bricks, probably indoors (ick) this winter. A duathlon would be so much fun, even though there aren't any around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment