When bad runs happen to good people… Kidding, but really,
the bad ones hit like a ton of bricks straight to the face sometimes.
I had 7 miles planned last night, and it was pretty windy
outside, so I took it to the treadmill.
Truth be told, I wasn’t feeling it from the start. I really didn’t want to run at all. Every single step once I got going was a
struggle. I kept pushing the DOWN button
on the speed, I couldn’t get focused, and just didn’t feel right. I completely stopped the treadmill at 3
miles, got off and walked around a little.
I turned on my fan, I tried everything, another half mile and that was
it. I felt dizzy and tired, and just
couldn’t put one foot in front of the other.
I cut my losses, grabbed my brand new foam roller and rolled and
stretched, and called it a day.
I felt like I slogged my Wednesday night run outside
too. Some weeks are just that way. I haven’t felt like I’ve had solid legs under
me all week. So today is a complete rest
day, and hopefully I can start tomorrow’s long run off on a better foot.
In EXCITING news, I signed up for a 5 mile road race next
weekend! I ran this race last year, and
it was brutally cold and windy, but still a lot of fun. It’s St. Patty’s Day themed, and according to
the website, prizes are given to the best dressed in Duck Dynasty
costumes. I don’t think I’ll put on a
beard or camo for this race, but I’m excited to see the ones that do.
No comments:
Post a Comment