Maybe it was just me, but this week FLEW by! I'm always a little draggy the week after the time changes, but I actually held it together this week! We had some GORGEOUS spring days and WARM temps which sure helped a lot!
Monday - 6 miles (8:28 avg) back outside in the early morning! It felt strange to be back out there early again, and only in a long sleeved t-shirt! Definitely a good start to the day. I had to help with a Career Day on campus at work, so I walked A LOT the rest of the day. It was wonderful to get to be outside most of the day! I was totally spent after my walking, so that was the extent of the workout for Monday.
Tuesday - Body Pump Express at noon and some boring cross-training after work. I did 30 minutes on the arc trainer, and went to CXWORX. That wasn't boring, just the arc trainer. But I still sweat like crazy and got a killer workout.
Wednesday - 7 miles on the treadmill. I didn't feel like going outside at all. I needed to do a little bit of speed work to get ready for Saturday, so I kept it inside and pushed myself on the mill.
Thursday - Weights at noon. My kind of leg day consisted of squats, lunges, leg extension, and leg curl. I headed outside after work to enjoy the incredible weather, and could really feel the effects of my lifting just a few hours before...ouch. Anyway, 8 miles (8:25 avg) and it felt hard. I really wanted to push pace, and was just struggling. I ended up kicking it in gear towards the end of the run. My legs were so sore Thursday night and Friday. No pain, no gain right?
Friday - Rest day other than CXWORX at lunch. I would have skipped class all together, but I needed to meet up with Sarah, who let me borrow her green Nike Tempos for the race on Saturday!
Saturday - 5 mile race in Wisner. Recap coming shortly. My unofficial time was 36:58 (7:25 avg) My watch showed the course was just a little short. It said 4.96 last year too, I checked. But Heidi and I ran to warm up, and I jogged a few blocks to cool down, so I did hit the 5.
Sunday - 10 miles (8:34 avg). It is nice to have a short long run for a change! I wanted to make sure to take it easy after yesterday. 5 miles isn't a long run, but my legs weren't used to pushing pace like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment