I truly believe that recovery is the most
important aspect of training. Sure, your workouts are extremely
important, but if you aren’t recovering efficiently, you may not
actually be gaining anything.
I think we can all agree that rest
days themselves aren’t fun, but the run or workout the next day usually
makes up for the one day of suffering! I find myself recharged and
refocused and excited to get back out there. I think basic rest goes a
long way in the recovery cycle of training, but I’m also a believer in
products that assist recovery.
Pro Compression sleeves and socks:
These are just a huge part of my life. I run in socks, come home and
foam roll and shower, and immediately sport a pair of calf sleeves the
rest of the day.
Rezzerct by Complete Nutrition: This is
probably the only non-Advocare product that I get really excited about.
I love this stuff! I always take it after Body Pump to help eliminate
soreness. I took a scoop after every race I ran last year, and it
helped me not hobble the next day. It doesn’t taste the best in my
opinion, but I usually just chug it and move on!
Chocolate
milk: I drink a glass after EVERY run. It makes me happy! I’ve never
been a milk drinker, my dad had to force me to drink milk growing up.
I’ve just recently gotten into the chocolate milk post workout trend,
and I have to say, I’m a believer.
Nighttime Recovery by Advocare: YOU NEED THIS PRODUCT!! I recently purchased this for the
first time, and wow, it is amazing. I will take a serving before bed on
days I’ve completed a long run or just a tough workout. I wake up
feeling recharged and have either reduced soreness, or none at all.


No comments:
Post a Comment