Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Things I'm loving lately...



The weather….

 
January has been crazy.  Negative temps one week, 50s the next.  I love squeezing in outside runs whenever I can.  Breaks up the treadmill time, but truthfully I haven’t been hating that much.


Stuft Mama’s No Bake Protein Cookies I mentioned a few posts ago.  She has some awesome recipes, this one is definitely my fave.  It’s quick, simple, and delicious.

I tweaked her recipe a bit:
1/3 cup quick oats
2 -3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
½ to ¾ scoop of Designer Whey (or any) vanilla protein powder
Mix these together and mix up some PB2 (around 2-3 tablespoons) in a separate dish.
Mix in PB2 and a few Rice Krispies (or smashed Cheerios)
Mold into cookie and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or freezer for roughly 15.
Top with Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter or leave it plain!

View photo 1.JPG in slide show 

View photo 3.JPG in slide show


Les Mills Body Pump

I used to go regularly, but got out of it for over a year.  I’m happy to be back in class at least twice a week.  I feel stronger, and I have a ton of fun.  I sometimes get bored with strength training, but the releases are never boring, and I have awesome friends who are instructors!



Training
I love that I’m back on a scheduled training plan.  I really missed the structure and the excitement that training brings.  It was refreshing to not have one in the late fall, but I am loving being back in the swing of things for Brookings in May!