Monday, January 20, 2014

Workout Recap 1/13 - 1/19

Another training week in the books.  I felt great about the workouts this week, and was able to get outside twice, which made it even better!

Monday – 7 miles (8:25 avg)  Easy run day, and outside.  CXWORX (30 minutes)

 
Tuesday – Body Pump Express (40 minutes) and cross training.  I broke up my hour between the elliptical and the arc trainer (40/20) and had a major sweat going.  I finished up at the Y and headed right to city rec volleyball.  We lost our game, which ended our season.  SAD FACE.

Wednesday – 8 miles on the tread followed by Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Level 1 (20 minutes)  I was SWEATY after this, and tried Cellucor's Alpha Aminos for the first time.  I was definitely a fan!  I will do a post this week about Cellucor products I use and why I love them.  This product gives you BCAAs and it's geared toward endurance and hydration, without stimulants.  The fruit punch flavor tastes AMAZING!  Oh, and Lolo rocks.

 
Thursday – Tempo run total of 6 miles, 4 at tempo.  I think treadmill tempos are easy peasy because you just can’t slack.  I felt challenged by this workout, but maybe not challenged enough, so next time I’m upping my tempo pace.



Friday – CXWORX (30 minutes) Body Pump (60 minutes)  *Disclaimer: If you are familiar with these Les Mills classes, the order I complete them in is NOT encouraged.  You shouldn’t do any heavy lifting after CXWORX.  Whenever I take both classes in one day, CXWORX is always at noon and Body Pump is always after work.  The window of recovery time is sufficient and I haven’t had any issues.  If you try this, and find you have back discomfort, make sure to do them on separate days, or take CXWORX after Body Pump , if it’s offered.*  It was the launch night of Body Pump 88, and oh man was I feeling it the next day!

Saturday -  10 miles on the tread.  It was crazy windy outside all day Saturday.  It was reported we had a gust of 67 MPH.  Yikes.  January 18, 2014 the running community dedicated their miles to Meg, who was killed by a drunk driver while out for her morning run.  I was heartbroken to read the story, and it really hit home for me.  My prayers are with her family.



Sunday – 5 mile easy run outside.  I’ve been breaking my “no run on Sunday” rule these last two weeks, mostly because the weather has been great.  I’ll probably do some adjusting once my Saturday runs get higher than 16 miles.