Sunday, January 12, 2014

Workout Recap 1/6 - 1/12



Only in Nebraska.... this week started off with Wind Chill Warnings and schools being closed because the high was below zero and wind chills were around the -30 range.  Flash forward to today, Sunday, it's 50 degrees above zero out and gorgeous.  

Monday - 7 miles, pyramid style.  7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.1, 8.0, 7.5, 7.0.  It might have been -11 outside at the time, but inside I was drenched in sweat.


Tuesday - Body Pump Express (40 minutes) and Zumba........ yeah, I gave it a try and felt like a total freak.  I had a friend who wanted to give it a try, so I decided to help her out and help myself branch out of my comfort zone a bit.  The instructor was awesome, and class was pretty fun, but I've never felt so uncoordinated in my life.

Wednesday - 7 miles, pyramid again, this one I finished 20 seconds faster than Monday.  CXWORX (30 minutes)

Thursday - 6.2 miles 8:31 avg pace.  I came home after work and headed out the door as quickly as I could to get this run started in a little bit of day light.  It was about 27 degrees and pretty nice other than the wind.  I had to be pretty careful with ice and snow that was still lingering on the streets and sidewalks, so I kept it slow.  It felt great to get out and run on pavement again.  I came inside and finished off with T25 Ab intervals.


Friday - CXWORX (30 minutes) and Body Pump (60 minutes)  Love my Les Mills days!

Saturday - 9 miles at 8:03 avg on the treadmill.  I had to be up early and get the run in early before heading to work (BOO!) so I decided to be safe and stay inside.  Even though the temps were pretty decent, I was concerned about ice.

PS. My tank is from Target, and it is probably my favorite tank ever!

Sunday - NORMALLY my rest from running day, but how could I not get out for an easy run in this weather?!  5 miles, 8:20 avg.  Came home and did level 2 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred to finish off the week!