Sunday, January 5, 2014

Workout Recap 12/30 - 1/5

I had half of this week off of work to finish up holiday break.  Then back to reality... We are in this wicked Wind Chill Warning deal now.  Hello treadmill.

Monday - 1 mile (8:35 pace) Then I went shopping.  Hit the Y for some cross training, 60 minutes on the arc trainer.  I hate that the machine shows I'm always a second or two short.  I'm not, I swear.


Tuesday - 8 miles (64 minutes) to finish off 2013!  I finished the year with 1240.47 miles, which was almost double my 2012 yearly total.  I did T25 Ab Intervals after my run.


Wednesday - 8 miles (64:34) and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (Level 1)  Holy sweaty mess.  I LOVE Jillian's workouts, especially the quick 30 Day Shred levels. 


Thursday - 6 miles (48:46) Easy run, followed by Jillian again.  I stuck with the first level all week, and yes, it's the easiest by a long shot.  But it is intense every time.  I did some strength training over my lunch break and focused on quads and hamstrings.  I did the basic seated extensions and curls and threw in some wall sits for good measure.


Friday - Body Pump (60 minutes)  The lack of strength training this past week made this a little tough and made me a little sore the next day.

Saturday - 8 miles (64:29) I was tired and sore, and this was just hard.  End of story.


Sunday - REST DAY!