Well, you guessed it, it's March. It's Nebraska. It was FREEZING. The temp around noon was hovering right around 35 degrees. And probably 18-20 MPH winds. Brutal.
I layered a tank, t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, and Under Armour hoodie. I wore capris because I didn't feel like wearing running tights. The race started and ended in front of the fire hall. Inside the fire hall was packet and t-shirt pick up, and the bathrooms. There is a 5K race along with the 5 mile. Everyone starts at once, and the course is an out and back on a paved county road. The out was cold, but not so bad. The back, was a slap in the face. The wind hit me like a brick. It was the most difficult race I've ever ran. I was convinced my fingers were going to fall off, and snot was running down my face (you're welcome). My lungs hurt. I really wanted to quit, and really wasn't sure why I decided to do this race. I really wanted to do well, but my pace tanked hard the second half. Official results 39:35 (7:55 pace)
![]() |
| My outfit and bib with medal! |

No comments:
Post a Comment