Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Extreme Laziness



I’ve scaled my mileage way back these past few weeks.  For one thing, it’s freakin’ freezing outside (think below 0) and I was kicked down pretty hard by the flu for a solid four days.  I’m still working on physically getting back to full strength workout wise.

Excuses aside, I really don’t care that I’ve ran very little.  I’ve finally hit the dreaded BURN OUT.  I think I’m ok with it too.  There is nothing to train for right now, it’s winter, and I’ve been training for SOMETHING almost all of 2013.  I’ve been snoozing right through my early alarms lately, and I don’t feel one bit guilty.  I think that burn out is still part of the training cycle, I think it’s the healthy part actually.

So, what I am going to do now?  Well, as much as I would like to just curl in my bed and eat yummy treats all day…



I’m embracing these lower mileage weeks and enjoying the lack of pressure associated with running and mixing up my workouts.  I am focusing on strength and core training as much as possible.  I’ve posted on CXWORX before and why I love it.  I’ve been getting back to class more often and really enjoying it again.  Strength training is fun, and I’ve learned my lesson to not think I can go hard core on it while in the heaviest part of marathon training… So I’m going to Body Pump and lifting weights on my own for a total of 3 times a week right now.  I’m a lot stronger now than I was over a year ago when I was going to Body Pump regularly!  I try to challenge myself as much as possible in class, and I think it’s working, I always walk out shaking like a leaf!

Big news on the workout front… I ordered Focus T25 and it should be here later this week.  My winter goal is to complete this program and see what it can do for me.  Stay tuned!