Sunday, February 16, 2014

Workout Recap 2/10 - 2/16

Last week was my much needed cut back week.  I was totally spent, and found myself fighting major mental battles and doubt about being able to get through this training.  This was a brand new week, and I felt great.  I felt re-charged and ready to get back after it!  That said, the morning running just hasn't been happening lately.  I can't get out of bed in the mornings, luckily it's still too cold and yucky in the mornings to get outside, but the evenings have been perfect.

Monday - 7 miles, pyramid style.  My only early morning and only treadmill workout of the week (WAHOOO!) CXWORX (30 minutes) and crazy, ambitious me went back to the Y after work, to dirty my third pair of workout clothes for the day... and to do some upper body lifting.  I had endless energy!

Tuesday - Body Pump Express and cross training.  40 minutes arc trainer and 20 on the elliptical.  I always do some sort of hill preset on the ellip, and the arc I usually do a cardio section for 20 minutes, and a hill or strength section for the other 20.  


Wednesday - 7 miles outside after work.  I set out with a tempo run goal, but I was in some wicked pain from my blisters, and there was still quite a bit of ice and snow in some spots.  Anyway, I did manage a 2 miles warm up, 4 miles at tempo (7:58 pace to 8:10), and a mile slow to head home.  I was proud of the workout all things considered.


Thursday - Body Pump Express and 7.5 miles after work.  The goal was steady pace miles, and I pulled that off.  It was a perfect evening, and the ice and snow I dodged on Wednesday had all melted. 


Friday - CXWORX (30 minutes) After work I went to the Y and lifted weights for about 20 minutes and then made my way down to the basketball court to shoot some hoops for a while.  It felt amazing.

Saturday - 16 mile long run.  This run was ALL over the place.  Mentally, the first half was ROUGH.  I just couldn't convince myself that I even wanted to do it.  It was a struggle.  The second half was like I was a completely different person.  Out of nowhere, my pace picked up effortlessly, and stayed up.  I finished the run on a major high and felt incredible.  It was a far cry from how I started.  I guess this type of run was a good thing.  It taught me to dig deep, and push through.


Sunday - 4 miles on the treadmill and Level One of 30 Day Shred as some active recovery.  My legs felt fantastic after Saturday, but I kept the treadmill as slow as I could stand it.