Sunday, February 23, 2014

Workout Recap 2/17 - 2/23

Another week down.  Seriously, time seems to be going way too fast!  I had another solid week, and hit a milestone as well.  It was my first ever 40 mile week.  I know this number is TINY to some runners, but I've really been taking the weekly mileage increase slow and steady.  Truth is, if I didn't work 8-5 every day, I would probably have toyed with higher mileage a while ago.  But I don't have all the time in the world, so I fit in the most quality miles possible.  So far, so good!


Monday - 7 miles on the treadmill.  
Warmup : 7.0, mile @ 7.6, 8.0, 8.1, 8.0, 7.7, and cool down mile.

Tuesday - Body Pump Express (40 minutes) and elliptical.  I honestly don't remember much about this workout!  I did the hill climb preset, and hit a few extra weights, and did 10 easy minutes on the spin bike.

Wednesday - Gorgeous morning to get outside early again!  I kind of forgot what that felt like!  I ran slow, relaxing miles, and it was very refreshing.  CXWORX (30 minutes)

Thursday - Lifted weights for 30 minutes at lunch and headed home to the treadmill for 7 miles.  I think this might have been one of my fastest 7 ever.  Few seconds faster than Monday.  

Friday - CXWORX (30 minutes) and rest the rest of the day!

Saturday - 15 miles, 8:30 average pace.  Just all around awesomeness.  I really struggled mentally on last weeks long run, but this week was much different.  I felt much more relaxed from beginning to end, and ran a better pace as well.  It was a gorgeous morning, so you really can't beat that!


Sunday - 5 miles, fun and easy.  We have snow and cold back in the forecast, so this was my last nice day for a while.  I did a few weights and abs at home after I came in from running.