Sunday, February 9, 2014

Workout Recap 2/3 - 2/9

This was a rough week for me, as I noted in my Burnout post.  I was just completely exhausted.  Everything felt like a struggle.  This includes getting up, making it through 8 hours of work, and repeating.  I do think I was in desperate need of a cut back week, so I did just that this week.

Monday - 6 miles outside after work.  This was my first indication of lack of rest.  This was SO HARD.  My hamstrings burned for awhile, then my quads, then my calves.  It was just hard, and it shouldn't have been.  I came inside and did the following moves for a minute each as part of my challenge group.  



Tuesday - REST DAY!  I did NOTHING!  Well, I went to work... but my happy little desk job makes it easy to rest.

Wednesday - CXWORX (30 minutes) and 6 miles on the treadmill after work.  This was so bad, I didn't even take a picture afterwards.  I just couldn't get moving.

Thursday - Cross training on the elliptical and a few weights.  Nothing much, really light and quick.

Friday - Cross training again.  I did 10 minutes on the arc trainer, weights, 10 more on the arc, weights, and 40 minutes on the ellip.  I focused on upper body weights, and I'm still sore today... lovely.



Saturday - 15 miles.  This is my new personal distance record on the tread.  It wasn't FUN, but it didn't totally suck either.  I really lost track of the time.  I watched Love and Basketball (best movie ever!) and just mentally broke the run down into 3 5 milers, and that really helped.



Sunday - REST!  I through in level one of Jillian's 30 Day Shred to get some blood pumping and then I hit the foam roller.  I realized my poor feet are taking a serious beating on the treadmill.  I have matching blisters in the same place on each foot.  Hello foot soak and blister band aids!

My legs are NOT tan.  Oh the magic of a good filter...
 I'm feeling much better after a chill week, and I'm ready to face a new week.  We had some snow and cold, but temps are supposed to rise by the end of the week.  Here's to hoping I can finally get outside for some good runs!