Friday, February 28, 2014

Bye Bye February!

The shortest month of the year always seems like one of the longest.  Maybe it's just me.  I think the winter aspect of it makes it tough.  I took today off work to get some things done at home and head outside for my long run of the week since tomorrow the high temp is like 6 degrees, and 1-3 inches of snow.  BOOO!

Anyway, today's run was the longest so far of this training cycle.  It was like 13 degrees when I started, so I was prepared to loop back and finish on the treadmill if I needed to.  But the sun was shining, and it warmed up to 30 by the time I finished.  Needless to say, I was slightly overdressed by the end.  I layered quite a bit today, and it really worked well, until the end when I realized how much I was actually sweating!

This month was all over the place weather wise.  We had 60 degree days, and we had days where the high was maybe 5 degrees.  We haven't had much snow this year, but we had a few inches earlier in the week.  Luckily the roads and sidewalks clear very quickly.

I rounded out the month with 158 miles.  I had a pretty decent mix of indoor and outdoor, and luckily all but one long run were outdoors.

So the groundhog said we would have more winter... so I guess we keep moving forward, and here's to March!