Thursday, October 24, 2013

The finale...



This Saturday morning is my last race of the year… (I MIGHT end up throwing a turkey trot in there, but nothing for positive).  I love the thrill of binning that bib on.  I hate knowing I have the dreaded winter months of bib-less running ahead of me.

So this is a 10K, which I haven’t raced since last August.  My time was not stellar by any means, but it was a small race, so I came in first place female and scored a sweet trophy!



The course this weekend is a double loop of torture.  It’s HILLY.  Last year it was also in the 20s, and I don’t think I could feel my legs during my 5K.  The forecast this year looks promising, and I’m a much different runner than I was a year ago.  Now when I see 20s or 30s in the forecast for my morning runs, I get excited!

Goals… well, PR.  I don’t think this will be a problem.  At all.  But I am basing my current 10K PR on a time from within a half.  Is that cheating?  Maybe.  So, the goal is to have a shiny new LEGIT 10K PR.  Mile pace, I don’t really know, I know the hills will play a part…

Here’s to the finale of 2013, let’s hope I end on a good note!